Defense Information Systems Agency (12/2012 – present)
Ft. Meade, MD
Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) provides enterprise services, and protects and defends the DoD and Intelligence Community’s Defense Information Systems network, including internet boundaries, long-haul telecommunication and satellite communication services. Given position to spearhead projects for strategic planning and policy for the DoD and DISA; brief seniors; develop and maintain relationships across agencies and with vendors to qualify their products and services for DoD data-related initiatives; and supervise and perform in-depth analyses for major data initiatives.
- Pioneered new approach for integrating intelligence with cyber by applying big data analytics to acquire timely actionable relevant data; it improved predictive analysis of systems reliability with cyber events which will be used for future creation of log file strategies for enterprise capabilities.
- Forged consensus with international standards bodies while leading cross agency teams in enterprise engineering standards and data for the DoD, other federal agencies and international partners which resulted in co-authorship of the DoD data framework used by all programs to achieve interoperability with the enterprise environment.
- Influenced the future DoD Joint Information Environment (JIE) for all DoD and Intelligence community components by analyzing the effects of National Information Exchange Model (NIEM) and recommending modifications to the JIE’s reference data model which were subsequently accepted to improve functionality and ability to share intelligence.
- Envisioned Data maturity model for DoD and advised the DoD’s CIO on data collection (acquisition) strategies and the Reference Data model to be used in JIE to ensure interoperability with other data systems.
- Advised DoD CIO on interoperability, data standards, and data management of enterprise architecture and recommendations were incorporated into the DoD Instructions 8310, 8320 and 8330 to facilitate the sharing of timely, actionable and relevant data across agency boundaries.
- As a leader in DISA’s mentoring program and actively working to build future leaders for DISA, led mentees in analytic activities for their personal, professional and technical growth.